Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Turning the Tables


One of my 2013 resolutions was to totally clean out my studio.  It's the kind of resolution that I make every year and 2 weeks into the year get distracted and never make happen (weight loss is in this catagory). This year, with the help of my amazing husband, I have managed to reach my goal of a "spotless" studio. WOO HOO! I know where everything is and I have gotten rid of everything I no longer need.  Man, am I proud of myself!

Part of the reason for this determined effort was that our studio-mate rae  has moved into her own brand new studio 3 blocks from fourth & clayChrista decided she liked rae's old space so is moving her area over to what was rae's and our new studio-mate Jessica Wertz (coming on Feb 1 from Virginia) will take Christa's old space. It's like musical chairs at fourth & clay and frankly I was feeling a little left out!  I certainly didn't want to be the only one with a dirty  space when all around me newness was happening!  Part of my plan was not only to get rid of all the ancient stuff I no longer used but to re-design my space so I had more room.  All this took was turning my big old table 90 degrees.  What a difference this made.  I feel like I gained several feet of breathing room.
The only problem now is that everything is so clean that I don't want to mess it up by working.....


3 comments:

christyculp said...

Ahhhh! What a fresh start. Looking forward to seeing what comes from it!

Anna said...

It looks wonderful Josie.
I'm sure you will soon be inspired to make it just a little messy again - all the best for 2013

Lori Watts said...

I did that, too, about three weeks ago: tossed out some stuff, but mostly just rearranged the space so everything is in easy reach, and cleared off the horizontal surfaces.

I now keep a timer in the studio, and when I am done working, I set it for 5 minutes, and spend the tie putting everything back where it belongs.